Skilled Trades Talent Report | West Michigan
Talent Strategy is a professional recruiting firm that specializes in the skilled trades industry. I am well connected with top skilled trades candidates in your area and would like to be a resource for you. If you are interested in any of these candidates or are in need of a different type of skilled trades professional, please reach out to me with your phone number and a good time to talk.
- 3, 4, and 5 Axis machine operation and set up.
- Ability to program at the controller (G&M).
- GD&T experience.
- Print reading.
- Both turning and milling experience.
- Light repair and PM work for machines.
- Managed a full-range of manufacturing engineering initiatives through a 19-member team of engineers, and technicians including sheet metal offline programmers and the quality department.
- Accountabilities included plant layout, procurement of new equipment, implementing and reviewing
- Operational policies and procedures, continuous improvement maximizing efficiency and revenue, and assisting with equipment troubleshooting.
- Responsible for a $7 Million budget for multiple capital
- Created layouts for better flow of product in Sheet Metal, Wood Shop, Refrigeration, and final assembly.
- Managed multi-million-dollar projects including suppliers, utilities, and resources.
- Partnered with engineers creating engineering standards and limitations ensuring production of products, establishing design for manufacturability standards.
- Directed the purchase of a fiber laser with a material handler tower allowing for better
efficiency in the laser cutting department, saving over $1M yearly in outsourcing costs and a
- New lay line and hot press for the wood plant, saving over $500K per year.
- Oversaw the purchase of four press brakes, tooling, offline programming software and a
deburring machine improving efficiency by over 40%.
- Created work instructions for assembly of the HMO display cases.
- Developed the offline programming process for sheet metal press brakes.
- Standardized on two punches and three dies for press bakes improving efficiency by 35%.
- Set-up the MPFS line to be more efficient, developing a flow that was closer to one-piece flow.
- BSE in Manufacturing Engineering and MBA in Engineering Management expected Aug. 2022.
- 12+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Increase efficiency of operations by reducing cycle times to increase production of parts by standardizing changeover times.
- Work closely with management and scheduling to ensure production needs are met through appropriate prioritization and required changes of production workflow.
- Provide expert guidance to others in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues related to plastic injection molding machines and assembly equipment.
- Assist the maintenance crew to ensure that the machines are back in production in a timely manner.
- Assist engineering with processing of machines, documentation, new product launch, and training employees.
- Setup new programs and adjust existing programs.
- Train new technicians for the company – have so far trained more than 8 technicians.
- 7+ years of experience in a process technician role.
Looking to fill other positions? Search more candidates here!