Location: Kankakee, IL
Pay Rate: $18 – $23/hr.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Cutting, shaping, and welding metal parts using various tools and techniques, such as welding machines, plasma cutters, grinders, and saws.
- Inspecting and testing welded surfaces and structures to ensure they meet quality standards and specifications.
- Maintaining and repairing welding equipment as needed.
- Collaborating with other team members, such as engineers and project managers, to ensure project deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Operating other machinery and tools as needed, such as drills, presses, and bending machines.
- Adhering to safety protocols and regulations, such as wearing protective gear and ensuring proper ventilation in welding areas.
To be successful in this role, you should have a high level of technical skill in welding and fabrication, as well as the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints. You should also be physically fit and able to stand, bend, and lift heavy materials for extended periods. Additionally, you should have good communication skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment.