Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, and material handling equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following, other duties may be assigned.
* Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
* Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
* Grinds welds to required finish
* Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
* Sets up equipment and welds parts, using manual gas metal arc welding (GMAW) and/or manual gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) and gas welding equipment.
* Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also two years experience blue print reading is required.