Temporary Financial Analyst
Shift: day shift
Location: Hammond, IN
120 day contract position
The Financial Analyst supports the accounting, finance and reporting functions of the business and its operations. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly motivated self-starter and interested in a role within a manufacturing setting that involves learning a business and working closely with operations.
Duties and responsibilities-
- Primary tasks include
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including preparation of journal entries, general ledger account analysis.
- Provide financial support to the management team, acting under the direction of the EOC Controller.
- Reconcile assigned accounts monthly with a focus of clearing reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports and supporting schedules.
- Perform additional tasks, financial analysis and ad-hoc projects as needed to support the GM and the EOC Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.