Examines products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications. Confirming specifications by conducting visual and physical tests; communicating required adjustments, issues, or trends to the Quality Supervisor. During the visual inspection, the Receiving Clerk will look for any abnormalities such as dents, missing parts, the general integrity of the product, and the quantity received. as well as check for minor cosmetic issues such as scratches, and nicks. Also, included is to check to make sure components fall within tolerance directed by the product specifications and requirements.
- Receives material by unloading carts and verifying quantities received per work order, periphery inspection of materials for damage, transferring material to picking shelves and proper receiving into MRP system.
- Notifies manager of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Input all transactions into the ERP System with all necessary paperwork properly completed to ensure accuracy of inventory and traceability of stock including returned materials.
- Pull and issue kits to support assembly schedule.
- Responsible for inventory, cycle counts, and reconciled with the ERP System as requested by Manager.
- Identifying materials requested and pulling material from stock.
- Operates a pallet jack as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- Basic understanding of warehouse procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- IPC-A-610D certification; preferred.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate noise level.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working with a microscope and on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Will perform duties that require standing, bending, reaching, lifting and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- On occasion, safety glasses may be required to be worn.