Position Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Pay Range: Salaried based off experience
Shift: 1st Shift
Drug screen/background: yes/yes
- Plan and implement effective product quality acceptance procedures including inspection instructions for incoming, in-process, and final inspection/audit and gage and testing equipment.
- Create and revise Control Plan and PFMEA documentation along with other Customer PPAP documents for new or takeover projects assuring all Customer approvals are obtained.
- Provide quality support to Design, Tool Build, and Manufacturing ensuring compliance with all quality requirements.
- Assist in internal and external auditing processes (IATF & LPAs).
- Maintain a regimented Problem Solving schedule for ensuring timely Identification of root cause(s), permanent corrective actions and timely responses communicated per customer requirements.
- Maintain status log with on-going follow-up on required actions, and providing summary reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Evaluate returned defective product then implement appropriate corrective actions with the aid of other departments (manufacturing, engineering, design, purchasing, etc.)
- Establish and maintain positive customer and supplier relationships through direct communication.
- Maintain and control the Nonconforming Hold Area for timely and valid disposition of nonconforming or suspect material.
- Monitor, revise, and implement quality system procedures and instruction establishing training programs for Associates as required.
- Assist the Director of Engineering and Business Unit Managers in day-to-day Quality department reviews, insuring the Quality system is performing to the requirements, both
- externally and internally.
- Implement quality improvements reducing total cost of quality in manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or a related Engineering technology
- Should have 4+ years related experience in automotive or a similar manufacturing industry.
- Should be familiar with layout and statistical techniques as well as some customer contact experience.
- Background in stamping and/or welding is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with IATF 16949 quality system is preferred.
- Must be able to make independent decisions and be flexible enough to modify methods and procedures when necessary.