- Analyze loan approval packages for completeness, accuracy and conformance with bank polices and department procedures.
- Verify due diligence and required documents from third parties are received and accurate.
- Manage competing priorities and coordinate multiple requests to meet closing deadlines.
- Prepare new and renewal loan documents using LaserPro, or bank templates for commercial loans, including commercial real estate, construction and commercial and industrial transactions.
- Review attorney prepared loan documents for accuracy and policy conformance.
- Interact with loan officers, attorneys and bank personnel to coordinate loan document preparation, closing and funding.
- Conduct pre-closing review to ensure internally or externally prepared loan documents comply with approval and Bank policy and that pre-closing conditions are met.
- Conduct post-closing review of loan files to confirm compliance with closing conditions and completeness of package.
- Complete checklists and internal control documents to maintain data integrity and loan input quality.
- Comply with all federal and state rules and regulations that affect this job position and perform the required ongoing training for those regulations as directed by the Compliance Officer.
- Participate in special projects and other job duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 4+ years experience in a commercial loan documentation or servicing role.
- Knowledge of lending and banking policies, procedures, and regulations.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Microsoft office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc); excellent oral and written communication skills. Expertise with the meaning and purpose of various commercial and consumer loan documents. Prefer working knowledge of LaserPro, Encompass, Fiserv Director and Navigator. Firm understanding of consumer real estate regulations such as Reg Z, TRID and Flood.
Ability to travel as needed.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at anytime at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.