Sr. Credit Analyst – AVP (Greater Boston, Hybrid)
The Senior Credit Analyst II performs credit analysis and recommends appropriate credit structure on complex credit relationships handled by the commercial loan department in conformance with established policies, procedures and objectives. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers.
- Prepares analyses and makes appropriate credit structure recommendations on new and/or existing complex credits. Spreads and makes interpretative analysis of financial statements and prepares memorandum for use in loan decision-making. Performs credit analysis on the most complex relationships
- Analyzes annual financial statements and reports on changes in financial condition for existing relationships.
- Assists the Senior Credit Officer with Credit Policy development. May manage less complex Managed Assets relationships.
- Trains and serves as a resource to more junior credit analysts and junior loan officers.
- Prepares and distributes for Senior Credit Committee (SCC) and Board of Investment (BOI) a variety of recurring reports for use in the administration of the commercial loan portfolio.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries and confirmations on commercial customers. Performs credit, property and bank checks for loan officers.
- Assists in preparing loan packages for Officers, SCC and BOI committee meetings. Attends such meetings and provides appropriate insight into various credit issues that are discussed.
- Refers sales opportunities to other departments or bank affiliates in support of established objectives.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus specialized course work and training is Required
- An advanced business degree
- 5-8 years of credit related experience is Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of accounting, credit analysis as well as loan and mortgage documentation.
- Must demonstrate a very strong knowledge of commercial credit analysis including the ability to analyze repayment sources, evaluate risk and determine collateral values.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.