We are currently looking for a Sr. Credit Analyst to join our team. This position reports directly to our VP – Credit Manager and is responsible for credit analysis on assigned accounts handled by the commercial loan department in conformance with established policies, procedures and objectives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to employees and customer.
- Prepares analyses on new and/or existing credits. Spreads and makes an interpretative analysis of financial statements and prepares memorandum for use in loan decision making.
- Analyzes annual financial statements and reports on changes in financial condition for existing relationships.
- Prepares and distributes a variety of recurring reports for use in the administration of the commercial loan portfolio.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries and confirmations on commercial customers. Performs credit, property and bank checks for loan officers.
- Assists in maintenance of system to ensure loan files have updated financial statements, appraisals and other information.
- Assists in preparing loan packages for Officer and Board loan committee meetings.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Performs credit analysis on the more complex relationships.
- Serves as backup to the VP Credit Manager as needed.
* Attend or complete required BSA/AML training as provided.
* Responsible for compliance with BSA policies and procedures including the identification and reporting of suspicious activity, and other BSA job specific duties.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge of commercial credit analysis including the ability to analyze repaymentsources, evaluate risk and determine collateral values.
- Working knowledge of accounting, credit analysis, and familiarity with loan and mortgage documentation
- Good word processing and PC skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to meet strict deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, customer service, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Able to use various types of office equipment, including personal computer and peripheral devices. Good understanding of Banks products and services. In addition to the Bank’s lending systems, computer skills must include working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Bachelors degree plus specialized course work and training
- Three to five years of credit related experience
- Four years of progressively responsible banking experience.