Summary: Operate the slitter effectively and efficiently while keeping the safety of yourself and fellow employees a priority.
Job Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Must be able to read a tape measure and know decimal to inch conversion.
- Must have general computer knowledge.
- Must be able to work well and communicate well with others.
- Must have pay great attention to detail.
- Must have experience in understanding steel defects.
- Operator acts as Team Leader for his/her shift’s operation.
- As Team Leader making sure that you and your team does the following, but not limited to:
- Keeping the area clean and free from safety hazards.
- Measurement tools are verified daily.
- Scrap, trash, etc. is disposed of in proper containers.
- Signing off work instructions are done and up to date.
- Operational audits as assigned.
- Reviewing work orders and ensuring all requirements are met.
- Verifying all details (correct information, correct material, correct size, customer specifications).
- Monitoring material while running a job.
- Taking pictures and downloading into system during a job.