2nd shift: hours are 2:30 pm – 2 am at our Flat Rock location.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Operate forklift and/or hand trucks to move material to proper departments or areas;
- Prepares product for shipping;
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit;
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies;
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various items;
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods;
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified;
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor;
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times;
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a neat and orderly condition and follows all safety processes and procedures;
- All other work assigned.
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred;
- Experience operating forklift;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to read and write in English;
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to work within a team environment.