- Initial due diligence, analysis, and underwriting of large and/or complicated transactions.
- Analyzes financial statements and produces thorough credit memorandums for commercial loan transactions.
- Prepares written reports which include: credit profile of the borrower and guarantors; economic and market conditions as related to company and industry; in depth historical financial analysis; in-depth projection financial analysis, including the performance of “what if” scenarios that test the reasonableness of projections; in-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment such as collateral; and in-depth analysis of a guarantor’s financial position.
- Collects and maintains industry data and researches industry specific information from outside sources.
- May attend meetings with prospective and current borrowers, in order to provide input on credit terms and assist in the business development process.
- Stays informed of current and emerging legal, compliance and market matters involving the approval of credit.
- Understands and agrees to abide by the policies and procedures established at Southside Bank.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or other related area of study or equivalent education and experience relevant to lending activities in a financial institution.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of credit experience with a track record of consistently increasing responsibilities and work knowledge.
- Superior loan evaluation ability and ability to conduct analysis.
- Proficiency in overall computer applications including ability to prepare spreadsheets and professional reports.
- High level of competency and comfort with financial accounting concepts.
- Must be proficient in lending systems and risk scoring models.