Develop, coordinate, and implement occupational health and safety policies, protocols, and education to ensure safe and lawful operations in the organization. Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clerical/customer service duties.
Essential Duties and Functional Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support maintaining OSHA safety log and other administrative requirements related to safety operations.
- Maintains, updates and audits company safety program and data base.
- Responsible for maintenance and overall accuracy of safety training records including training files.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes environmental/safety policies and procedures documentation.
- Compose correspondence to company personnel and external agencies as required.
- Answers phones and refers calls to appropriate personnel or provides requested information.
- Maintains confidentiality related to environmental, safety, and security issues.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Reviews accident and incident reports.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel to other facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned including customer service
Education and Work Experience
- 2 years safety support or related administrative experience required.
- Workers comp experience preferred.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven Office 365 experience – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- This position requires intermediate to advanced Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity
- Strong team and collaborative skills