The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering great customer service and building relationships in the Philadelphia community. It is essential that this candidate brings positivity and organizational skills in order to best support the customers.
Overview: Responsible for originating mortgage applications for the Philadelphia Community with a focus on minority neighborhoods and minority borrowers.
- Make credit available to a diverse customer population.
- Develop tactics to source new business in “majority minority” communities, whether through direct engagement with borrowers or via the establishment of a referral network.
- Assist borrowers in completing their applications for financing, gathering, and entering complete information.
- Analyze borrower qualifications to determine a prequalified loan amount while working with the borrower to identify the appropriate loan program and pricing.
- Deliver “best in class” customer service by promptly returning phone calls, answering questions, and providing education to prospective borrowers on loan product types.
- Abide by all state, federal, and local laws, including those regarding fair lending and nondiscrimination in the extension of mortgage services.
- Develop and foster internal and external client referral relationships to assist in generating an ever-increasing pipeline of loan applications.
- Meet and exceed published individual and department goals for sales activity, productivity, and processing times.
- Become the client’s “trusted advisor” by demonstrating knowledge of the lending function, bank policy, and industry underwriting criteria.
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ previous experience in a sales-oriented environment, with proven track record of success, required; network of established referral sources preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in originating residential loans.
- Providing loan products tailored to low-to-moderate income and/or first-time homebuyer programs preferred.