Location: Manteno, IL
Pay: $17-$20/hour + shift premiums based on experience
Shifts: All 3 shifts available (1st, 2nd, and 3rd)
To help support the operation in the assigned area. This would include training of personnel, assignment of station and support of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Ensure that all Safety rules, OSHA requirements and Company Policies are followed.
- Work with QA to ensure all product made is food safe.
- Record all production reports properly.
- Ensure quality specifications are met.
- Handle employee break coordination.
- Make sure that all floor wide areas and lines are operating at maximum capacity.
- Support troubleshooting of operator level equipment issues on floor area.
- Communicate with supervisor, manager, and/or other departments for machinery, food, and safety issues.
- Able to conduct training with newly hired employees.
- Make sure that all company GMP’s are being followed.
- Direct staff on assigned lines for line tasks and rotations.
- Ensure production data is tracked and shared on production boards.
- Ensure all production line in assigned area have and are using the correct materials.and recipes.
- Validate quantity in and out with warehouse team for all of assigned production areas.
- All staff are responsible for Compliance with all GMP, Food Safety and Plant Safety rules while in the processing facility. Staff are encouraged to report Food Safety and Quality concerns immediately to their supervisors and Quality representatives on shift.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- A candidate must have experience working as a production worker with food products.
- Individual must be able to multi-task, communicate effectively with coworkers, provide work instruction in a constructive fashion and write simple work orders or reports.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- This position requires basic math and computer skills to report production data.
- This position must be trained in GMP’s and company food safety programs.