MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH PLASTICS EXTRUSION! ALL APPLICANTS WITHOUT EXTRUSION EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING ONLY WILL ALSO NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Pay: $75,000 – 93,000 DOE
Shift: 1st shift
- Manage, prioritize and complete projects or programs of moderate to large size, scope, and duration.
- Coordinate project work with other engineers, technicians, designers and/or or drafters
- Lead process failure discussions and investigations to ensure consistency of solutions across all facilities.
- Perform feasibility studies for fabrication, assembly, machining, or processing.
- Assist technicians with assembly and disassembly of process equipment and components in order to diagnose issues.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, identify, evaluate, propose, implement, and document engineering solutions.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment processes.
- Collaborate with production personnel and other departments to gather information and draft reports, and improve equipment, processes, and products.
- Create test parameters and participate in the testing, data analysis, and implementation of processes, equipment, and engineering solutions.
- Identify broad conceptual ideas and develop them into useful solutions.
- Establish continuous improvement plans where efficiency, quality, safety, or service can be improved.
- Mentor lower level engineers.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in engineering or related field of study and three (3) years of related experience OR associate’s degree and nine (9) years of related engineering experience.
- Experience analyzing production equipment, processes and materials and solving issues.
- Knowledge of various statistical and quality methodologies including but not limited to Statistical Process Control (SPC), Statistical Quality Control (SQC), 5S, 8D, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R), and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Prior experience working with thermoforming, injection molding, print, and/or paper equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various products.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles. involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to successfully prioritize, and organize projects, deadlines, and tasks with little supervision in both team and independent environments.
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related information.
- Up to 40% domestic and international travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and favorable motor vehicle report upon hire.