Responsible for underwriting, monitoring, and managing the assigned loan and deposit portfolio to achieve customer satisfaction, control risk, and optimize bank profitability.
Provides secure, accurate, responsive, and courteous customer service to both internal and external customers at all times. Maintain strict confidentiality of customer and banking relationships.
Primary objective of this position is to be a trusted advisor to every internal and external customer. Inspires confidence and builds lasting relationships by consistently exhibiting each of the trusted advisor skills in order to help our customers identify and achieve their financial goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides superior customer service by attentive response and appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Performs duties related to underwriting, credit monitoring, and managing the assigned loan portfolio.
- Partners with the relationship officers as appropriate as the point of a contact for the customer; acts as a liaison to the Bank’s Credit Administration Department and the lending support staff.
- Manages the loan renewal process by working with relationship officers, customers, and others within the Bank’s Credit Administration Department and Loan Operations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own actions.
Other Job Functions:
- Supports the Bank’s relationship officers in cross-selling deposit, treasury management, bank card, wealth management, and other services to the Bank’s existing customer base in addition to prospective Bank customers.
- Performs duties associated with co-managing commercial customer relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits and appropriate structure for specific loan requests as well as attentively managing the customer relationship.
- Makes presentations on specific loans and follows up with documentation for approved requests.
- May act as a point of contact for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for issues relating to other banking services.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Other duties as requested by their supervisor or other management representatives of the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred or five to seven years of related experience and/or training.
- Three to five years of relevant commercial/corporate banking lending experience with a minimum one to two of credit analysis or loan review.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality
- Knowledge of basic math calculations
- Ability to read and understand regulations, policies and procedures; uses grammatically correct and clear oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to work well within team environment presenting a positive customer service demeanor and attitude
- Must comply with all bank policies and procedures that are job related and/or consistent with business necessity.
General Physical Demands and Workplace Conditions:
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects within the immediate work station.
- Must be able to walk, sit or stand frequently, up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to tolerate encounters with coworkers and customers under the following conditions
- Atmospheric pollutants or allergens, including but not limited to fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation;
- Changes in indoor/outdoor temperatures encountered in travel between buildings and branches.
- Other physical attributes required to successfully perform the essential functions above include finger agility, talking, and listening.