Shift: 7am- 3:30 pm
Position Summary: The General Labor/Pallet Builder is responsible for pallet building, material handling, tracking of incoming and outgoing packages and ensuring that the shipping and receiving process runs efficiently.
1. Building custom shipping pallets and crates for each order to ensure product is secured properly.
2. Receive and check incoming freight and UPS shipments. Loading/unloading shipments – no paperwork required.
3. Material Handler responsibilities.
4. Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
5. Some Assembly work as needed.
6. Team-oriented attitude: Contributes and collaborates with others to achieve group success within a team environment.
7. Quality Focused: Produces work that is that is accurate, demonstrates attention to details and reflects well on the organization. Utilizes established systems and tools; regularly monitoring and evaluating work to expectations.
8. Accountability: Accepts responsibility and one’s own actions, consistently abides by department and company policies, is punctual, observes break/meal time and has an acceptable overall attendance record.
9. Time Management: Ability to effectively utilize available time for the completion of necessary job tasks.
1. At least one year of manufacturing experience.
2. Work with attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to follow directions.
3. Must be computer literate / familiarity with UPS and/or FedEx Software.
4. Ability to safely operate a forklift.
5. Demonstrated ability to take the initiative.
6. Must have a good command of the English language, both verbal and written