Position: Painter / Loader
Shift: 1st (5am to 3:30pm)
Position Responsibilities / Loading:
- Use Pieces Not Shipped list to verify the pieces to be loaded.
- As pieces are loaded, mark off the pieces on the Pieces Not Shipped list.
- Band materials, box materials, shrink wrap materials to ensure safe and easier loading and unloading.
- Cutting, carrying, and stacking of 4 x 4 wood dunnage.
- Load trailers not to exceed 45,000 pounds in a safe manor ensuring safe travel for both materials and drivers using overhead crane and lifting devices.
- Turn in Finished Left to Load list, or Pieces not Shipped list, to the plant manager, signed.
- Anything else the plant management team deems necessary for the customers’ satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities / Painting:
- Using overhead cranes and lifting devices or proper lifting techniques, lay out materials to be painted.
- Ensure materials are marked with proper paint colors, no paint zone.
- Sweep or blow off materials for a clean surface.
- Check paint color in pump or load the correct paint color/type.
- Spray materials.
- Flip materials by hand or by crane.
- Paint materials.
- Stack materials in staging area for loading.
- Using an elcometer test paint thickness twice per shift and write down the results on the mill thickness log.
- Anything else the plant management teams deems necessary for the customers’ satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Overhead crane experience a plus.
generous compensation and benefit package (after 90 days), as well as 401K (after one year).
About Talent Strategy
The Skilled Trades, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams at Talent Strategy have teamed up with a well-known firm to assist in the recruitment of their open positions.
Talent Strategy is a professional search firm specializing in the Skilled Trades, Engineering, and Manufacturing industries. Having direct work experience in the industry, and over 50 years of combined professional search and recruiting experience, our recruiters are experts in their arena. It is our commitment to partner with the best and brightest, not only the most readily available candidates on the market. Our expertise and knowledge in the Skilled Trades, Engineering, and Manufacturing industries allow us to be an effective partner, and our clients continually choose Talent Strategy because of the outstanding caliber of candidates we recruit on their behalf.