The National Sales Manager is responsible for supporting existing customer base, and selling/promoting the sale of the company’s hardware, software, and accessories.
- Develop, motivate, and manage representative within a defined region.
- Develop a base of customer by means of follow up to leads, direct calls from domestic customers as well as other electronic means available to you.
- Talk to customers and potential customers to work out the hardware and software needed for their projects.
- Continue to foster A and B account development with the channels via on-site visits.
- Continue to provide product potentials to corporate for future product development.
- Ensure that the financial targets are defined and met (sales funnel, and territory quotas).
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with sales and marketing staff of Company Representatives within assigned regions.
- Document all correspondence with customers/representatives using the company’s electronic data base, and can communicate activity status through meetings and reports.
- CRM obligations for opportunities are properly maintained and up to date.
- Develop and execute regional sales plans, budgets, forecasts, sales funnels, and other management objectives as assigned.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with potential direct customers, and direct contacts
- Develop and maintain relationships with designated strategic account locations.
- Keep representatives informed of all activities with customers in their assigned regions.
- Keep customers and representatives informed of new product developments.
- Prepare quotations, and review quotes and purchase contracts for potential customers.
- Provide both before and after-sales technical support
- Assist in the creation of application notes and case studies, when appropriate, for marketing usage.
- Participate in product development, marketing and client education activities.
- Perform continuous updates of your own knowledge of products.
- Provide quarterly reviews with each channel partner to assess performance.
- Attend quarterly meeting in Wixom, MI.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree (Min BS)
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales experience
- A passion for Technology and its implementation.
- Self-motivated and driven to be successful.
- Experience with some level of Real Time System / Test System Design and Deployment.
- Experienced in the sale and support of highly technical products or ideas.
- Experience managing sales through representatives and distribution channels.
- Understanding of computer architectures and performance evaluation thereof.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Able to understand clients' needs quickly and be able to communicate those needs.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Able to master a large variety of product specifications and applications.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experienced traveler.
- As a National Sales Manager your travel will be unsupervised.
- Minimum of one trip per month, driven by sales opportunities to assist channels in closing them.
- Travel an average of two weeks per month or as needed as determined by the Vice President of Sales.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40+-hour per week.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.