Mechanical System Installer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Pay: $19-$26/hour depending on experience
Position Purpose and Objective:
The role of the Mechanical System Installer is the installation of plumbing, pipefitting, welding, sheet metal and HVAC systems with an emphasis on safety, quality, productivity, morale, and technical training.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under stress of deadlines.
- physically climb all types of ladders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company Safety Plan
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Basic knowledge in all aspects of mechanical system installation
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading, sketches, and drawings
- Responsible for company tool usage and car
- Encouraged to offer suggestions on installations when appropriate
- Must have all personal tools to perform the daily tasks assigned
- Basic knowledge of local codes
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents (i.e. submittals, Operation and installation manuals)
- Basic knowledge of rigging best practices
- Must have proper clothing for all types of weather
- Keep morale up, promote a positive attitude
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred
- Requires the capability to lift 75 lbs. multiple times throughout the day
- Requires bending, reaching, and stooping repetitively throughout the day
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires the ability to
The Mechanical System Installer is accountable for following safety policies, quality of work, and for the Company tools and equipment assigned to them.
Can be high stressed and fast paced. This job requires physical agility and strength. Repetitive bending, twisting, turning, overhead work, and reaching are daily requirements. This position often works in offices, factories, boiler rooms, etc. some equipment may be located outdoors and on building roof in varying degrees of weather.