Shift: 1st (flexible start/end times)
Location: Elkhart, IN
Oversee inventory and purchasing operations, analyze materials, research vendors and maintain inventory.
Essential Job Functions & Expected Outcomes-
- Maintaining Inventory and Purchasing Operations (90% of the job).
- Work with management to identify supply needs.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase quantity.
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
- Manage the distribution of supplies in the organization.
- Monitory inventory levels and access to the material.
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models.
- Oversee and support subordinates and new Team Members.
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, quantity, and vendors.
Mentoring & Training (5% of the job)-
- Use strengths and skills to mentor and train others in meeting and exceeding inventory levels.
- Support the management team as needed to meet overall company goals.
- Back Up Purchasing operations
Other Areas of Responsibility (5% of the job)-
Follow policies as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
Participate in lean manufacturing activities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Operation Management or relevant field a plus
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the metal or metal product industry
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and execute action plans and communicate/coordinate cross functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, and Suppliers to achieve company goals.
- Conscientious, organized, and meticulous with records.
- Overtime and weekend work as needed to support customers and company needs.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: ERP experience required, experience in Visual preferred. Cycle counting experience required along with Kanban experience. Cost accounting preferred.
- Language Skills: Outstanding communication skills, understands both written and verbal instruction.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Team-player with the ability to develop direct reports.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Strong sense of team; high level of integrity and loyalty; goal driven; good sense of humor; respectful of other; embraces RC Industries values, expectations and ideas.
Core Values that Apply to All Positions-
- Dedication to Quality
- Provide Relentless Support
- On-Time Delivery
- Lifelong Learner
- Customers are why we exist
- Lead by example
This role routinely uses a computer, typing and entering data, as well as using a phone to make calls to vendors
Physical Requirements to Perform Essential Functions-
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and push up to 100 pounds on wheels.
- Must be able to hear when talking to someone on the phone and speak clearly in order to communicate information to customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work and also have the ability to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, keel, and twist/turn.
Environmental Conditions & Travel-
The employee is primarily exposed to an office environment with average noise volume. 40% of the time the employee is exposed to a manufacturing environment with moderate noise. The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment while visiting manufacturing departments.
The office and manufacturing warehouse have heat and air-conditioning; however, temperature fluctuates throughout the day.
Various machinery, equipment and forklifts are used in the manufacturing areas. Employees should use extreme caution, follow all safety procedures, and wear all required PPE to ensure safety for themselves and others.