Shift: 1st & 3rd shift available
- Determine what jobs need to be setup by assessing priority on the schedule board.
- Create inventory picks to collect material required for job.
- Use RF scanners to fill the picks
- Pull required material from shelf using forklift or carts depending on where material is located
- Identify different lots of material and pull according to what is indicated on pick
- Update status of when jobs are setup, have issues or need extra on the schedule board
- Identify material returned, the quantity being returned and return to the shelf using the RF scanner after job is complete
- Consume raw material in consumption journal using Business Central software
- Output completed jobs using Business Central software and relocate to appropriate location in warehouse.
- Organize materials to keep plant clean
- Pick up loose skids from around shop
- Move material off presses when needed
- Help out shipping, receiving, final inspection, etc., when needed
- Maintain an accurate inventory
- Conduct inventories along with Shipping and Receiving on monthly basis.
- Helps minimize down time between jobs by having product ready
- Follow and enforce procedures written in Employee Handbook.
- May be required to perform the duties and responsibilities of other Material Handler functions as well (shipping, receiving, final assembly). Refer to those individual job descriptions for more detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.