The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading the introduction of new products into the facility, improve productivity and profitability of existing production procedures, and provide ongoing support through the manufacturing life cycle. They will also act as a technical expert in process technology.
• New product introductions:
Lead projects with overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of new products of broad scope/impact into the plant.
Assures that new products meet the established cost/profit targets, that they are implemented per schedules and on budget, and they conform to manufacturing capabilities.
Coordinates the establishment of economical process for new products with other technical areas.
Evaluates whether to make or purchase parts/products.
Independently, with innovation and creativity, evaluates manufacturing processes to ensure optimal labor and material costs to increase productivity and profitability.
Through justifications and evaluations, identifies prime areas for improvement.
Tracks expenditures to ensure outlays are within budgeted amounts. Identifies, reduces, and eliminates worker exposures to ergonomic stress in the workplace.
• Floor Support:
Provides timely product and process support for any manufacturing area to diagnose problems and implement solutions to minimize interruptions to production.
• Special Projects:
Leads the implementation of significant product, process, or other corporate change initiatives being introduced into the plant.
• Strategic/Manufacturing Planning:
Provides advanced research to introduce/integrate new processes, equipment, and technologies into the company.
- Junior MFE – 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing engineering or process engineering role with a bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Mid Level MFE – 3-4 years experience in a manufacturing engineering or process engineering role with a bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Senior MFE – 5 years+ experience in a manufacturing engineering or process engineering role, degree requirement varied dependent on experience