Position: Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Hire
Pay: $80 to $95k – Based experience and qualifications
Shift: 7am-5pm Monday – Friday
Location: Detroit, MI
- Evaluate efficiencies by comparing process standards such as labor hours, machine cycle time to actual production values and report proposed improvement recommendations with timing.
- Initiate continuous improvement activities for cycle time reduction, direct labor reduction, alternative materials and scrap reduction for products assigned.
- Analyze: SPC, FMEA’s, DOE, and process parameters and co-ordinate the necessary improvements to achieve capable processes.
- Improve the quality of the end product by developing and implementing error-proofing methods to prevent the manufacture of defects.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of new production equipment until SOP; Initiate the production part approval process as per the APQP requirements.
- Prepare capital justifications for new production equipment, and on-going improvements.
- Initiate 8D problem solving for control/capability non-conformances.
- Lead the team in mistake proofing of potential process concerns.
- Ensure customer notification/authorization, and documentation of all process changes.
- Initiate Engineering change request for all proposed process changes.
1. Must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing, specifically in a process or manufacturing engineering capacity. This must be in an automotive interiors assembly plant or specific to production sequencing. (sequencing means grouping production operations into production batches and arranging them by priority.)
2. GED and or High School Diploma is mandatory
3. Experience working in plastics with injection molding equipment is strongly preferred.
4. Lean and Six Sigma experience is preferred.