Shift: 1st shift (6am-2:30pm)
Location: Holt, MI
General Responsibility: Performs minor and major repairs of all buildings and equipment plus assists with routine and corrective preventative maintenance plans.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair current and new machinery, units and/or systems.
- Basic repairs of air compressors, hydraulics, heating ventilation, air conditioning units, electrical and/or plumbing as needed.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints, drawings and electrical line diagrams and relay logic.
- Basic maintenance and repair of robotics and CNC.
- Knowledge of MIG, TIG and ARC welding (SS, aluminum) .
- Cleans and/or inspects machinery to troubleshoot for repair.
- Installs electrical wiring and equipment during new installation, remodeling and/or when needed.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performs outside/exterior maintenance repairs as needed.
- Work with Purchasing Coordinator to determine appropriate supplies and parts needed.
- Assist with inventory when needed.
- Clean debris and dust from assigned areas.
- Inspect company equipment for possible problems and report findings on regular basis and perform preventative maintenance.
- Move equipment upon instruction.
- Maintain overall condition of the building and grounds.
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with company standards and/or specifications.
- Directing objectives to maximize profitability.
- Monitor own performance – self-audit for accuracy and produce high level output.
- Personally accountable for preventing injury and illness to self and for protecting company assets. Following plant safety rules is mandatory.
- Every injury sustained or even suspected while on the job must be reported immediately to your direct supervisor.
- Be familiar with all chemicals used in your assigned area and understand any injury or health problem potential inherent in the use or handling of such chemicals.
- Know the location, use and purpose of all safety equipment in your work area.
- All emergency equipment, fire doors and emergency exit routes are to be kept unobstructed and in good condition.
- Adhere to personal protection guidelines set forth by the company.
- Maintain a sense of orderliness, keeping materials, supplies and equipment well organized and in good condition.
- Ensure work area is clean and free from safety hazards.
- All guards must be in place prior to routine operation of any equipment and must be inspected daily.
- Complete required tasks, quotas, and assignments prior to or within deadlines given.
- Treat all coworkers professionally, fairly, and respectfully.
- Responding politely to the clients we serve.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Uphold all company core values.
- Think quickly and act appropriately in emergency situations.
- Put in extra hours when needed.
- Continue to perform well under pressure and adapt to change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform basic turning and body movements.
- Ability to work in a hot environment.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE. (Respirator, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective coveralls.)