Shift: 1st and 2nd shift (6am-3pm & 3pm-10pm)
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Pay: $25-$35/hour based on experience
The Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance of CNC equipment. This position is responsible for effectively troubleshooting mechanical and electrical failures on CNC equipment.
Role and Responsibilities-
Perform routine preventative maintenance operations such as maintaining an accurate record, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc. in accordance with manufacturers operation and maintenance schedule and guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in analyzing test results and implementing appropriate corrective action or repairs.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to return to safe operation.
- Perform limited machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, soliciting information from line operators and other production associates, and listening for problems.
- Move and install plant and building equipment, layout and make necessary pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic line connections.
- Organize and label stock parts.
- Comply with safety regulations and policies.
- Communicate status of work orders to team leadership, including proper documentation on work order paperwork.
- 3+ years’ related experience, preferably in a CNC machining environment.
- Wire and Rewire electrical including up to 480v
- Proficient machine maintenance knowledge of CNC lathes/mills and manual lathes/mills, CNC machining centers.
- Ability to read and understand machine manuals and blueprints.
- Possess a strong maintenance ability and aptitude to apply mechanical and electrical principles in various troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safe operations.
- Ability and knowledge to safely operate forklifts, power tools and hand tools, and electrical meters.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule based on company’s needs.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task while working under tight deadlines with the ability to quickly modify work tasks based on changing schedules and needs.