Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Shift: 1st, 9am-6pm
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for repairing and maintaining food processing equipment to optimize uptimes and utilization. Qualified candidates will have strong background in troubleshooting and repairing food manufacturing equipment. This individual will work with mechanical, electrical repair, and general maintenance throughout the plant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair and maintain/improve all machines and equipment.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical and hydraulic/pneumatic blueprints.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Assist in keeping the maintenance shop and parts store clean and organized.
- Work with your Manager to maintain the building and grounds of the company.
- Written and oral communication with production management and QA if a machine requires repair and re-cleaning.
- Equipment improvement/modification projects and duties as assigned.
- Mig/Tig welding experience a plus, but not necessary.
- At least two years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to make logical and quick decisions.
- Flexible schedule/willingness to be on-call.
- Be physically able to perform duties of the job.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Electrical experience: 5 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Schematics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hydraulics: 5 year (Preferred)