Shift: 2nd & 3rd shift
Direct Placement: Yes
- Work on various pieces of equipment, Preventive and Predictive maintenance and down day planning. The Equipment Champion will be responsible for the overall operational reliability of the equipment and will aid in the planning of repairs and rebuilds.
- Work involves diversified duties, highly variable, requiring considerable care and judgment to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise perform general maintenance activities to include pipefitter, burner, welder, millwright, assembler, plumber, and installer skills and abilities. Work will include basic electrical repair and wiring.
- Inspect adjust, clean, and/or lubricate equipment as normal part of preventive maintenance. Train and instruct lesser knowledgeable employees in preventive maintenance and routine equipment care practices.
- Maintain plant inventory levels for maintenance parts and supplies as directed.
- Train lesser-skilled maintenance positions on proper work methods and safety procedures when assisting with maintenance activities.
- Maintain plant equipment and maintenance records to meet PTS’s and OSHA’s safety, environmental and quality compliance standards.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of plant equipment, machinery or processes and determine corrective action to include seeking vendor assistance.
- Use blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and equipment manuals to tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories. Develop and fabricate accessory fixtures or guards for machines and equipment. Adjust machine mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input or output.
- Work requires basic computer operator skills.
- Repair portable power tools.