Location: New Haven, MI
Shift: 3rd shift, 11pm-7am
Service and repair automatic, semi-automatic and manual assembly machines including preventative maintenance. Daily focus is primarily production changeovers. Service and repair all injection molding machines and their subsystems (dryers, Part Removal, etc.) in support to Injection Molding Department.
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance duties including repairs and tooling changeovers
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and pressurized leak tester problems
- Know and follow plant safety rules
- Perform routine facility maintenance jobs related to plumbing, light electrical work, concrete, and block repair
- Aid contractors in routine inspections and servicing as require
- Assist in administrative projects related to inventory, tooling reviews and other as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Support minor facility repair projects, lighting lamp replacements and office/safety projects as directed
- Close out Work-Orders within same shift they are completed. Provide information via daily shift reports
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams
- Must be experienced in light tool repairs involving drills, taps, and other fabrication techniques
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Ability to weld and exposure to vibrational feed equipment are desired skills, but not required to start
- Experience with injection molding equipment and 24V systems are desired
- Ability to interact with co-workers, customers, and contractors in a respectful and professional manner.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Education and Experience Requirements-
- High school graduate or equivalent experience
- Post high school training preferred
- Associate’s degree preferred in a technical field (e.g. Electronics technology or industrial automation)
Licensing or Special Certification Requirements-
- MIOSHA Industrial Powered Truck License
- MIOSHA Overhead Crane License
- Standing, walking, rpeated bending, reaching, climbing stairs
- Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Pushing or pulling up to 200 lbs
- Use of hands and legs
- Speak clearly, oral communication
- Ability for rapid manual/muscular coordination simultaneously involving wrist/hands/fingers
- Vision: depth perception and distinguish basic colors
- Operation of truck or motor vehicle without restrictions
- Works inside within an automotive components manufacturing office setting and may be exposed to heat, cold and fumes/chemicals.
- Noise: constant above 85dcb with vibration
- Working with machinery with moving parts
- Occasionally work with chemicals, grease, and oils, moving vehicles, alone, hands in water, and more than 40 hours (41- 60 hours)