Pay: This plant is a union facility and the pay rate is based on assessment provided in the interview process. Base pay is 23.50/hr. with a 55 cent shift premium for 3rd and a 65 cent shift premium for 2nd shift. Once direct the employee could see up to 27.50/hr. with bonus incentives.
Shift: They have all three shifts available. They are working Monday through Saturday but could see some reduction in hours worked on the weekend given business demand.
- 1st shift (7am to 3:30pm)
- 2nd shift (3pm to 11:30pm)
- 3rd shift (11pm to 7:30am)
Environment: This is a very clean facility with a manageable interior climate of cool in the winters and warm to hot in the summers depending on overall heat index outside. Facility is in great condition and equipment all looks to be fairly well taken care of if not on the newer side.
- Maintenance technicians main job is to keep equipment running safely and effectively while improving and or reducing downtime for the facility.
- Performing preventative, routine and emergency mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and providing effective troubleshooting on a daily basis.
- Must carry out all preventative maintenance tasks written in the program/schedule for that shift.
- Identify and address safety concerns when noticed. Especially with the equipment.
- Will be asked to utilize blueprints for troubleshooting and operate motor control systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatics, hoists, and mechanical bearing systems.
- May be needed to utilize any hand tools and some larger power tools such as grinders, band saws, drill presses, welding equipment and others to get a job done.
Requirements for Employment:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery. Mind for mechanical with some electrical troubleshooting on industrial equipment. Would love to see someone with a maintenance background in an industrial setting.
- Need to have strong knowledge and experience with hand tools and an ability to read schematics/prints.
- Experience should primarily come from manufacturing. Really want to see around 3 years in a facility.