Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd available
· Lead development of cell(s) during launch to de-bug and assist in correcting all tooling, robotic, controls, weld cycles and all other equipment related improvements.
· Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and carry out remedial actions.
· Supports all necessary data collection required for cell and product improvement initiatives.
· Inspect all machinery for defects and potential problems in accordance with preventative maintenance program; repair and replace parts as required.
· Perform general equipment maintenance duties as required e.g. cleaning, oiling and greasing machines according to the preventative maintenance program.
· Program robots for sealants, adhesives, mastics, MIG and resistance welding.
· Advise Facilities Manager to order replacement parts as required.
· Make adjustments in welding program when required.
· Set up robotic welding stations by operating/retrieving various computer programs stored in robotic welding equipment.
· Adjust equipment and change welding fixtures as necessary to ensure good quality welding within given parameters.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose electric/electronic system faults, tune equipment and ensure adequate controls and safety measures are functional.
Required Work Experience & Skills
· Nachi, Fanuc and Kuka Robotics background.
· Aluminum GMAW experience.
· Prefer spot welding and resistance welding experience.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance repair / robotics / welding applications.
· Prefer 5 or more years of experience in maintenance repair / robotics / welding applications.
· Strong knowledge of electrical functioning, hydraulic and pneumatic machinery and automation equipment.
· Ability to operate all common maintenance equipment.