Shift: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd available
Job Summary: As a Steel Machine Operator, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining various types of machines used in the fabrication and processing of steel materials. Your expertise in machine setup, operation, and quality control will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient production of high-quality steel components. You will work closely with the production team, following instructions, and maintaining a safe and organized work environment.
- Set up and operate steel processing machines, such as shears, presses, saws, drills, and bending machines, to cut, shape, and form steel materials according to specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints, work orders, and technical drawings to determine machine settings and production requirements.
- Perform machine setup, including selecting and installing appropriate tools, dies, or blades.
- Load steel materials onto machines, ensuring proper alignment and positioning for accurate processing.
- Monitor machine operations to ensure smooth and efficient production, making adjustments as necessary to maintain quality standards.
- Conduct regular quality inspections of processed steel components, checking for dimensional accuracy, surface defects, and conformity to specifications.
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions and perform minor repairs or adjustments to minimize downtime.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as cleaning, lubricating, and replacing worn parts, to ensure optimal machine performance.
- Follow safety protocols and guidelines, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Collaborate with team members and supervisors to optimize production processes, improve efficiency, and meet production targets.
- Complete production logs, reports, and documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and best practices related to steel fabrication and machine operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator in a steel fabrication or manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of steel materials, fabrication techniques, and machine operations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, work orders, and technical drawings.