Position Title: Heavy Equipment Technician – Field
Pay Range: $29hr – $38hr (Experienced Based)
Shift: 1st w/ OT and occasional weekends and overnights
Location: Lima, OH
!Company vehicle provided (Must have clean driving record)!
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on Heavy Equipment.
- Source and order parts as needed.
- Perform repair of mobile equipment in a field environment without supervision.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, and miscellaneous structures as needed.
- Repair and/or replace all components of:
- engine hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Must comply with all applicable DOT Requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work remotely as required including overnight stays.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulic, electrical, and drive-train systems.
- Exhibits strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to diagnose and repair hydraulic, electrical, drive-train and air conditioning systems.
- General welding and fabrication skills.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of equipment operation.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interrupt technical information from general hydraulic and electrical schematics.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED (Technical school graduate preferred)
- Experience with Volvo construction equipment is a plus.
- Experience with paving equipment is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Certification.