Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
Location: Holland, MI
This individual performs routine and emergency mechanical and electrical repairs including:
- preventative maintenance programs.
- troubleshooting equipment problems.
- repairing equipment.
- Installation of equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities-
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds and maintains precision machine and production tools and equipment.
- Diagnoses machine malfunctions and difficulties, then plans and implements actions necessary to return equipment to operation and prevent future breakdowns.
- Rebuilds machines and overhauls troublesome components.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics and machine manuals in order to perform safe and effective repairs.
- Fabricates parts with or without sketches and prints using lathe, mill, drill press and welder.
- Operates testing equipment, power tools, hand tools, torches, welders and precision measuring instruments.
- Performs skilled operations such as fitting and aligning of bearings, spindles and shafts.
- Fits, aligns and calibrates measuring devices and feeding mechanisms.
- Leads machine tool and processing equipment installation and relocation efforts. Performs erecting, leveling, fitting, and aligning actions necessary for safe and effective installation.
- Troubleshoots basic electrical and PLC problems.
- Routinely contacts suppliers or manufacturers on part information, repair issues, improvement needs and shipping instructions.
- Assists other maintenance team members in meeting department requirements.
- Serves as a resource to production, engineering and other plant personnel.
- Maintains and improves knowledge and skill requirements in all maintenance required trade areas.
- Maintains user knowledge of tools, testing equipment, measuring instruments, conveyance and material handling equipment.
- Uses PC to update data bases and retrieve information.
- Operates company vehicles, conveyance and material handling equipment.
- Completes appropriate paperwork, machine documentation and preventative maintenance records.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Assists in development and implementation of quality procedures, work instructions and standards.
- Understands quality policy and assures compliance with ISO/IATF systems.
- Trains and guides work of apprentices.
Health and Safety Responsibilities-
Performs all work in compliance with Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as well as all Federal, State and local laws. Understand the importance of conformance with all safety and environmental procedures of the environmental and safety management systems, including emergency response.
- Report any unsafe condition or action to his or her supervisor.
- Report any work-related injury to his or her supervisor within 8 hours.
- Never operate a machine or equipment until trained in the operating procedures, hazards, and safeguards and has been assigned to do so by the employer.
- Never remove, displace, destroy, or carry off any safeguard or interfere with the use by any other person.
- Use required personal protective equipment or devices where required.
- Understand your responsibility to the environmental programs, including ISO14001. Understand the actual or potential environmental consequences, when deviating from specified work instructions.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety training as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years on the job as Industrial Mechanical with basic Industrial Electrical equipment background.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid powered industrial truck operator permit and a State of Michigan Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and guidance.
- Requires competent use of judgment, organization, initiative, teamwork, creativity, problem solving and commitment to tasks.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and have a strong understanding of the systems.
- Requires bending, heavy lifting, reaching, working in cramped and confined spaces.
- Commitment to continuous learning.