Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Technician
Shift: 2nd 3rd
Installs, maintains and repairs industrial machinery, equipment and electrical systems; Conforms to Good Manufacturing and Safety practices as outlined by company policy.
- Responsibility to work and act safely in accordance with all policies
- Responsibility to report safety hazards to people or product and comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensures safe and proper operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Responds with urgency and locates sources of problems by observing mechanical or electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts or components by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Ability to fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by accurately recording parts taken out of stock.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Performs tasks as assigned by the maintenance manager or lead mechanic.
- Performs all maintenance and repair duties in a manner that conforms to the Food Safety, Safety and Sanitation Standards of this facility.
- Records tasks and repairs performed in maintenance database (COGZ) on a daily basis while maintaining continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications as required.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carries out Preventative maintenance procedures as assigned within the allotted time frame.
- Recommends procedures to Supervision, Maintenance, and Production to ensure proper operator maintenance of machinery.
- Installs safety guards and other equipment required by OSHA on all plant machinery
- Trains other maintenance personnel in specific operations as instructed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Build, rebuild, or modify new or existing equipment to suit production needs using Milling machine, lathe, cutting tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Search out, identify, and correct potential problems before they become issues that could cause lost product or time.
- Comply with all food safety requirements, training, policies, and procedures
- Ensure products meet the requirements of the SQF Food Safety Code by reporting to a leader, supervisor, or manager any instances or conditions that would negatively affect the products quality, food safety, or regulatory requirements.
- Back up for this position is other Maintenance Mechanics and Maintenance Lead
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of experience in maintenance with electrical skills and knowledge of PLC’s.
- Mechanical, pneumatic, welding, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance skills
- Industrial DC and 3-Phase power systems to 480VAC experience
- Refrigeration experience a plus, but not required
- Must be able to stoop and bend while lifting weight up to 50 lbs.
- Must be physically able to stand a minimum of (8) eight hours to a maximum of (12) twelve hours on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb fixed and portable ladders to a height of (12) twelve feet
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- LOTO trained
- 5 S, TPM, SAP, IFS knowledge and or training a plus.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Expectations (Exhibit and Promote Company's Core Values)
- People: We engage, empower, and appreciate our people- they are our finest ingredient
- Safety: We invest in systems, policies, and training that ensure safety
- Customer Partnerships: We make decisions with the customer experience in mind and ensure win/win outcomes
- Collaboration: We leverage each other's unique experiences to drive the best outcomes for our expanding company
- Communication: We inform and listen to our team members, customers, suppliers, and investors
- Results: We prioritize activities that drive profitable growth, and we celebrate our achievements
Like our products, our benefits package offers quality that makes a difference.
Coverage options may include:
- Medical, dental, life, disability, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
- Performance bonus potential
- 401k plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability