Position: Heavy Equipment Operator (Forklift)
Pay: 17.25/hour – 17.75/hour (Contract to Hire)
Shift: All Shifts available: 1st shift (6am-2pm or 7am-3pm) 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) 3rd shift (10pm-6am)
Location: Lansing, MI
-Forklift Operator Experience – Required
-Contract to hire.
- Operate a powered industrial truck to load and unload materials and move them to and from storage locations and production areas.
- Load and unload materials from truck trailers and railcars.
- Stack items safely in the correct storage bays.
- Locate and move all stock of products.
- Identify product damages.
- Work in loading and production departments as assigned.
- Utilize RF Scan Gun for all functions and movement of material.
- Responsibly follow all safety procedures and policies, working together with co-workers to ensure a safe workplace environment and culture.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Experience operating 6,000-8,000 PIT required.
- Hydro-static forklift experience preferred.
- General Lumber and/or building materials knowledge preferred.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in all elements of an outdoor environment year-round.
- Reading, Writing, and math competency demonstrated by high school diploma or equivalent.