Position Title: Group Leader
Location: Lansing, MI
Pay Range: $65,000 – $70,000
- Promote, educate and plan activities to ensure achievement of the company Strategic Plan.
- Manage and Coordinate a multi-element Health, Safety and Environmental System. Ensure compliance to all Internal and External company standards and procedures in HS&E.
- Involve and Assist the Joint Health and Safety Committee of the facility.
- Ensure all colleagues are in compliance of HS&E audit standards.
- Coordinate all systems related to the annual HS&E system audit to ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal HS&E legislation.
- Responsible for the creation of an environment that promotes teammate engagement and the action planning and team building required to maintain alignment with the company Strategic Plan.
- Assist in the development and over-seeing a COPQ system that ensures we have a zero defect solution of error proofing to ensure customer satisfaction while reducing scrap and improving productivity.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of new product launches.
- Lead and motivate a self-directed workforce / natural work teams of hourly direct, indirect and salaried employees.
- Ensure appropriate hiring practices, employee performance reviews and training programs are in place to meet the needs of all employees.
- Responsible for implementing systems that ensure maintenance of TS16949, ISO14001, BIQS, GMS, WPS, COPQ, and BIC processes and certifications.
- Work with customers and suppliers in developing manufacturing strategy, cost reductions and business planning.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate capital projects, plant shutdowns, and general plant maintenance.
- College (or equivalent) or higher education
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of Process, Production and/or Maintenance. At least 2 years at the supervisory level or equivalent education and experience to perform the requirements of the position on a unionized JIT environment.
- Strong demonstrative management skills including: team building, JIT process based manufacturing, materials/logistics, forecasting and planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, employee relations, leading, delegating, and working knowledge of production techniques.
- Experience in start-up of new automotive programs or launches coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of Lean Production and 5S/6S standards
- Familiar in the use of MS Office software
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, as well as procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondents.
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Experience in leading groups of 25+ people
The Group Leader’s function is performed in a production floor environment.
Certain aspects of the job could cause tension and anxiety. Examples would be:
- Handling multiple and conflicting priorities under strict deadlines
- Ensuring that the facility operates at an effective level while maintaining cost effectiveness
- Dealing with emergency / non-emergency colleague issues.
- Responsible for performance evaluations.
- Workload may be heavy that may require a sense of urgency.
- Concentration and accurate responses are required for appropriate decisions.
- Constant interruptions (ie: phone, e-mail, HR issues, Quality issues, Safety ) regarding all work related issues.
- The demands of the position are such that overtime may be required at times to support a multi-shift facility.