Shift: Day shift. They will be working on the road for about 75% of the time going to customer sites and completing jobs as needed. Typical scheduling allows for them to be 4 10 hour days with 3 day weekends.
- Install, test, commission and supervise customer base. Troubleshoot, repair, reprogram, maintain, and improve the production performance of company equipment throughout the installed base.
- Perform professional preventive maintenance and provide service to our customers; analyze the condition of installed systems and rectify faults; detect potential problem to prevent production stoppages.
- Leads and partners with Project Managers, Engineering and Customers to coordinate interlocks, machine requirements, and specifications.
- Complete detailed service reports and expense reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Start-up and debug initial commissioning and final field validation, with a focus on being self sufficient as the subject matter expert while on the road at customers. Must also have strong reading, oral, and written Spanish (Mexico) or French (Canada) language comprehension.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering related field or 7 years of experience as Field Technician in like business. Focus on the engineering side of field service work.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and make system parameter changes using PLC, HMI, and robotic motion control servo systems. (ABB, Allen Bradley (Rockwell), Beckhoff, FANUC, Omron, Siemens (840D), Yaskawa-Motoman).
- 2+ years of experience in field service, integration, or manufacturing engineering of industrial automation capital equipment.
- Ability to effectively lead/supervise contract labor during installations or as needed.