Shift: 1st shift (10+ hours of OT available)
Location: Grand Ledge, MI
- Wires production machinery per engineering supplied prints.
- Performs layout of machine's electrical devices such as control panels, disconnects, junction boxes and related hardware per standards of customer, NEC, and ANSI.
- Works closely with engineers to identify and resolve controls problems.
- Ensures materials necessary to complete project have been procured and will be available to Controls Assembly timely to meet customer requirements.
- Assists with startup of new machinery.
- Debugs wiring as much as possible before starting up any machines (inputs, outputs, hard wire circuits, etc.).
- Assists engineers with startup of machinery.
- Disassembles machinery for shipment.
- Ensures power is locked out and/or disconnected from main power sources before disassembly begins; relieves all stored energy.
- Disconnects all electrical devices necessary to ship machines. Ensures this is accomplished to permit the easiest possible installation and startup at the customer location; properly marks all break points and secures any loose devices.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and routine housekeeping.
Required Work Experience & Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or six years related experience.