Location: Holland, MI
Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
Under general direction of Team Leader, provides technical support to enable the Maintenance Department to independently carry out daily responsibilities and integrate all phases of electronic/automated equipment installation, updates, and repairs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities-
- Work is complex and difficult in character and requires strong technical and broad business knowledge.
- Requires independent problem solving and decision making with general direction given on project objectives and broad guidance from corporate strategy and goals.
- Provides technical support by monitoring, troubleshooting, and repairing all complex electrical, electro-mechanical, automated systems, and robotics systems.
- pdates equipment, solves mechanical problems, and gives direction for proper repairs in support of Maintenance Department.
- Reviews engineering specifications and designs of new equipment and/or redesign of existing equipment.
- This includes safety requirements, electrical codes, and standardization of components, cost-effective design, and maintainability of equipment.
- Maintains machine, mechanical, and/or equipment documents as necessary.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- May work on projects involving cost reduction, up-time improvement, or evaluation of new equipment, etc.
- Establishes new preventative maintenance procedures and periodically audits/updates existing procedures.
- Works independently on assigned projects that range from simple program modifications to major redesigns that may have a mechanical, pneumatic, or electronic scope.
- Solves mechanical problems and gives direction for proper repairs.
- Assigns tasks and trains other staff as needed.
- Work may involve irregular work schedules and exposure to chemicals, high voltage from electrostatic equipment, loud noise, and hazardous waste. Understand your responsibility for health and safety in the workplace.
- Cooperate with OSHA MIOSHA inspectors.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Follow all safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
- Will not remove or make ineffective any protective device such as a guard, light curtain, etc.
- Will not use or operate any machine or equipment that the employee is not trained to operate.
- Will not use or operate any machine or equipment in a manner that may endanger any employee including themselves.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, update, and work on all equipment in designated area of responsibility.
- Must have current knowledge of electrical codes and electricity and be able to apply it to the job.
- Machine rebuilding and mechanical knowledge including hydraulics required.
- Strong project management skills to work on projects independently under minimal work direction.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external contacts and work in a team environment.
- Must be able to lead, train, and support other staff Ability to use and program personal computers and programmable machine controls with demonstrated knowledge of existing/new machine programming languages.
- Computer Aided Design skills required to create, update, read, understand, and work using mechanical, machine, and/or equipment documents.
Education and Experience-
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline plus one-year experience mechatronics or controls repair.
- Or completion of apprenticeship as mechanic or electrician (i.e. journeyman card) and five years’ experience which includes advanced electronics/programming; or equivalent.