Position Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Ludington, MI
Pay Range: $100,000 – $120,000/yr
Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Life Insurance
- Design, implement, and maintain control reliable safety circuits for use in robotic, automation, and machine systems for manufacturing. Using OSHA, ANSI, ISO, NFPA, IEC and RIA standards as required.
- Design, implement, and maintain industrial communications between components of machines, machines of manufacturing cells, OEM machinery, and office network and data collection systems.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Confer with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.