- Use AutoCAD Electrical to create, approve and release industry standard drawing files Understanding design system requirements and selecting appropriate hardware for BOMs.
- Commission, setup and program several types of automated hardware.
- Observe and follow customer design specifications and criteria.
- Ability to create PLC, HMI and Robot programs from scratch for each particular job.
- Follow and debug programs which may be written by you or others.
- Troubleshoot automated assembly machines and service existing systems as required.
- Act professionally and trustworthy as the face of the company.
- Maintain strong communication skills with co-workers and management.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment and shared work spaces.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to complete time sensitive tasks.
- Accept instructions and tasks with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of project scope, budget, and schedules Solid written and verbal communication throughout.
- Ability to follow a single project from award to completion.
- Qualified candidates will ideally possess a Bachelors of Electrical Engineering degree or strong equivalent in experience.
- Candidates must possess some level of mechanical knowledge and experience in the troubleshooting of automated equipment. Project management and multitasking skills must be demonstrated on a daily basis.
- Must have clean driving record and reliable transportation, excellent work history and attendance record, and ability to travel 15-25% of the time.
- Three or more years prior related experience in the controls engineering field.
- Creating and modifying electrical drawings in the AutoCAD environment or similar software.
- Controls hardware design and bill of material creation.
- Rockwell programming software including RSLogix 500, Studio 5000, and Factory Talk Robotic experience with Fanuc, ABB, Motoman or Denso is a plus but not required.
- Experience designing and configuring networks such as Devicenet and EthernetIP.