This position is responsible for developing new business through the underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio.
- Acquisition, expansion and retention of commercial relationships using a proactive calling strategy.
- Cross-sell ancillary products and services of the bank.
- Analyzes credit history of applicants and determines loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
- Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within the financial institution and makes recommendations to management when necessary.
- Provides assistance and recommends training for new commercial loan officers.
- Develops new customer prospects and business.
- Represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in commercial banking.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of lending services and related areas.
- Business development experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
- Takes initiative in development and completion of projects.