The Commercial Lender will have a proven track record in lending with 5-7+ years of experience working with business with Revenues between $1 million – $100 million. This position requires proficiency in all areas of commercial banking, excellent credit skills, and customer service and negotiations skills as well as considerable bank product knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop new business from existing customer base, referral sources and through cold calling efforts.
What you will be doing:
• Increase the Bank’s commercial loan portfolio by cultivating new commercial business relationships.
• Maintain and build a professional network of brokers and referral sources.
• Maintain and develop existing portfolio by assessing and meeting client’s business and personal needs.
• Negotiate proper loan structure and effectively cross sell products.
• Maintain properly documented files and manage renewals and collection efforts on past dues and defaulted loans.
• Maintains comprehensive understanding of current commercial products offered in the market and keeps informed of all relevant industry trends and practices.
• Maintain a stable network of prospective customers with a consistent approach to calling.
• Bachelor's degree with a business, finance, economics or accounting major (preferred)
• Formal Bank credit training is preferred, with a strong understanding of general credit and risk principles, mitigates, and banking policies/procedures
• 5+ years Commercial Lending Experience.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Proven ability to manage tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on relationship building • Ability to proactively manage and prioritize work flow