Title: CNC Machinist/Operator
Pay: $25- $30 Per Hour Depending on Experience
- Machinist or 3 to 5 years experience as a skilled machinist with CNC Programming.
- Mechanical skills and aptitude; Blueprint reading and interpretation.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and get along with fellow employees.
- Knowledge of high-speed and carbide tooling.
- Owns tools, measuring devices, and small hand tools.
- Must be a self starter and dependable worker, who is committed to continuous improvement
Responsibilities: (Others may be assigned)
- Studies machining instructions such as job order, blueprint, process sheet, or layout on work piece to determine machining required, sequence of operation, tooling, feed, and speed rate
- Positions and secures work piece to table, angle plate, vise, or chuck and verifies position. Selects and mounts tools.
- Moves controls to set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut, and to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, verifying position visually, with instruments, and by reading dials
- Starts machine and observes operation, making one or more trial passes with manual control before engaging feed
- Verifies dimensions of machined work piece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, telescoping gauges, vernier calipers, and dial indicators. Works to close tolerances.
- Uses precision positioning devices such as dial indicators mounted on machine troughs with standard length rods and work to close tolerances
- Operates machine with automatic positioning controls
- Lays out reference lines and machining locations on work piece, according to blueprints
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools
- Must adhere to safety requirements of the shop and maintain a clean work environment.