SR Commercial Lender
Stretch your potential and develop strong relationships with some of the area’s top companies. CRM’s are the client-facing key to our core business of commercial banking. You’ll nurture banking relationships with high revenue generating organizations to help them achieve mutually beneficial business goals and strengthen our communities. The most successful individuals manage a portfolio by building on existing relationships, pursuing new clients, ensuring we deliver the highest level of service, and providing sound asset stewardship through a balance of risk and credit decisions. We believe in a compensation package with a competitive base pay, incentives that are properly aligned with appropriate business objectives, and equity that enables total compensation growth to mirror our shareholders’ value. CRM’s are supported by exceptional and experienced support staff, portfolio managers, and underwriters. The breadth of services and products that we offer provide extensive opportunities to enhance our clients’ business value and personal wealth.
If you are interested in an organization with a market-centric approach that enables you to remain nimble and in tune with the local economy, take this opportunity to connect with us and let’s discuss how our goals may align!
A day in the life of a Commercial Relationship Manager:
- A client-facing role of developing new customer relationships generating returns for the bank
- Manage an existing portfolio, seeking opportunities to generate incremental revenue for the bank and meet customer financial goals
- Work with an experienced internal team including portfolio managers and loan center underwriters.
- Use business acumen to structure financial loans, access strengths and weaknesses of prospective borrowers and price according to risk-rated returns
- Manage independently a significant client portfolio for the bank
- Expand existing client relationships which generate incremental revenue for the bank
- Develop new client relationships which generate acceptable returns for the bank
- Independently able to analyze the credit strengths and weaknesses of prospective borrowers and make loan decision recommendations
- Independently make recommendation on loan pricing which are competitive with the marketplace and achieves an acceptable return for the bank
- Independently able to structure complex loans (term, covenants, collateral, guarantees, etc.) which appropriately protects the bank
- Independently able to recognize complex client needs and matching the bank’s capabilities to meet these needs
- Negotiate independently with clients on complex loan structure, pricing, and other product/services
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of bank’s lending policies and regulatory requirements
The position may have supervisory responsibilities for an Administrative Assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree preferred with 7+ years of previous banking experience in, preferably in the Commercial segment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers or other authorities
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
The following computer skills are required to perform the essential duties of this job:
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other support systems.