Position Title: Bumper to Bumper Technician
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Pay Range: $30hr – $45hr
Shift: 2nd (3:30pm-12am)
- Perform repairs and maintenance on Diesel Engines/Heavy Duty Trucks as specified in manufacturer designed procedures.
- Diagnose failure of vehicles by disassembling, repairing, and reassembling parts.
- Inspect vital parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Create a job repair plan based on diagnosis.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork (e.g., repair information on work orders, information for state and emission inspections) promptly.
- Adhere to all Company and industry safety standards.
- Valid Driver's license (Bonus compensation for CDL holders)
- Must possess a good work ethic, a positive attitude, and be reliable.
- Thorough knowledge of Detroit Diesel engines through the current GHG17 product.
- Experience with other engine platforms such as Cummins, CAT, & International are a plus.
- Other mechanical skills desired but not essential: Hydraulics, Brakes & Suspension, Manual Transmissions and drive train, automatic transmissions.
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions