Supervisory Duties: Manage branch team(s).
Summary: The Branch Manager is accountable for overseeing branch team(s). The manager is accountable for maximizing branch growth, revenues, client experience and insuring compliance with all banking laws and regulations. As a manager in our branch network, you will drive all facets of sales and service by motivating your team to achieve sales targets, acquire new clients and business relationships, initiate referrals to business partners and deepen all existing client relationships. In addition, the Branch Manager is accountable for the daily operation of the branch through the coaching, training, and development of branch associates. Managers are also expected to be purposefully involved and visible in the community and leverage contacts to create a pipeline of new business. This role requires strong people management and relationship skills, effective communication/presentation abilities and strong personal sales performance in addition to maximizing the sales performance of each team member to enrich lives for an even better tomorrow.
- Leads and motivates based on the banks Mission, Essentials of Excellence, and Values.
- Ability to use independent judgement and safe and sound decision making to limit risk to both clients and the bank.
- Plan and coordinate short-term and long-term strategies to assure branch goals are met.
- Strategically research your market including consumer and business needs, rival product/service offerings, market conditions, trends, and opportunities. Develop a sales plan to assist in reaching branch goals and market share
- Create a sales culture and hold self and team accountable for successful business development, relationship management and client retention strategies.
- Participate in and manage the Servant Sales process per established guidelines.
- Maintain and expand existing client and business banking relationships and conduct outside sales efforts commensurate with market opportunity to generate new business.
- Refer clients to other lines of business within the bank and motivate your team to do the same.
- Work with sales partners to increase existing client relationships and acquire new.
- Responsible for partnering with small business clients to ensure they are using products and services that meet their needs and create value for the businesses.
- Serve clients by counseling them on their financial needs, complete account openings, and originating/closing loans.
- Provide team with timely, candid, constructive performance feedback through consistent structured routines, i.e., touch bases, huddle meetings, pipeline meetings, skill building meetings, and coaching sessions.
- Diligently oversee the performance management of the team including performance reviews, salary recommendations, coaching, action plans, schedules, hiring, discipline, and termination.
- Inspire, model, and motivate service and sales through team coaching and training to achieve an exceptional client experience.
- Ensure bank policies and standard operational procedures are consistently and uniformly applied throughout the branch. Work with Retail Operations to assist with branch questions, concerns, issues.
- Create schedules based on expected branch traffic and volume.
- Utilize data and reports, looking for trends and information to help reach branch goals.
- Represent the bank professionally with virtual and/or outside community involvement, external initiatives, and volunteerism.
- Foster career development for each associate toward their fullest potential to make good use of their skills and abilities.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and branch team successes.
- Be an ambassador for the Bank; promote the Bank by attending volunteer events, participating on teams and special projects as needed.
- Develop professional expertise through online courses, internal/external seminars, and trade-related publications.
- Follow the Essentials of Excellence and exhibit the Corporate Values in both external and internal interactions.
- The position duties outlined above are not meant to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Serve as the Community Coordinator, remain the main contact for all donation requests and work directly with your regional/Community Relations to capitalize on sponsorship and donation opportunities (if applicable).
- Manage a branch with multiple lines of business (Business Center Branch). Collaborate with each line of business to meet all aspects of the client’s needs.
- Mentor fellow managers and/or other branch associates on various tasks and assignments.
- Available to work evenings, some weekends and at other branches as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of PC software including MS Windows and Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bookings, SharePoint, Social Media platforms, CSI NuPoint, IMM, Covalent, Power BI, Smartsheet, and all other bank approved software systems.
- High degree of Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple bank initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology, system conversions and software rollouts while supporting and holding your team accountable to successful implementation.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Networking, Time Management and Leadership Skills
- Ability to work through client problems by listening to learn, thinking through all options, and implement resolutions.
- Consultative skills to identify a client’s financial needs and recommend solutions.
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work within and develop a team environment
- Demonstrated comprehension of consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income, and credit reports
- Ability to interact with business partners such as: Investment Services, Mortgage, and Business Banking sales professionals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of management experience; preferably in banking, financial services or goal driven retail sales with an emphasis on consumer and business development.
- Successful record of coaching and mentoring associates to improved results.
- Client service experience
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource best practices including performance management and progressive discipline.