- Processes line renewals and maturing loans, modifications, extensions, releases, and assignments. Also responsible for annual review of relationships according to bank policies and procedures
- Collects required client and project financial and other information including, as appropriate, borrowing base, covenant tracking, preparation of timely appraisal requests, completes environmental transaction assessments and monitoring any other items as necessary. Performs construction loan administration and reviews, monitors borrowing base information including accounts receivable and inventory, and monitors all collateral performance as appropriate to continuously assess customer and loan status.
- Responsible for current period and trend analysis. Analyzes and reviews customer data for signs of emerging credit risk issues. Determines credit worthiness through analysis of borrower’s risk profile. And provides timely warning to Business Banking and Risk Management leadership, as appropriate. Works with management to determine the profitably of the business clients.
- Works closely with Relationship Managers on new opportunities including, as appropriate, deal memo preparation, financial spreads, deal structuring, term sheet preparation and any other items necessary.
- Management and oversight of customer relationships to retain and grow portfolios within prescribed portfolio limits. This includes involvement in customer meetings, customer account maintenance, and helping to identify and sales opportunities within the portfolio.
- Trains and mentor new staff.
- Tracks covenant compliance and ensures compliance information is complete and on file. Reviews credit files to ensure compliance with the policy. Maintains and updates any customer contact or automated loan processing systems as necessary to support the portfolio and ensures accurate and up-to-date systems.
- Assumes additional leadership responsibilities and special projects as required, including assistance with system/application management and creation of procedures and processes.
- This position requires a highly self-motivated individual that has an ability to work independently in all areas listed above.
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration
- Continuing education in bank related course
- 6+ years practical, related work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in credit analysis or risk underwriting in the banking industry
- Project management experience
- Training/mentoring experience